It’s been a little over a week since our last games and it feels like we haven’t seen you in months!! That’s a good thing because we want to get back to training and we know you want to be in working out. BUT, rest is very important and that’s what you should be doing for these couple weeks. For us, we are spending a lot of time at the facility getting it ready for the 2024 season and training on all of the amazing technology that will be waiting for you when we open back up. Here are some updates about the facility and times to keep in mind:
- Today the floors were completed for the new gym. Having been there for 11 years it’s weird, but awesome, to see what it looks like now. The floors take time to cure so we are getting Proteus installed next Thursday. After that the rest of the strength equipment will be brought in an put in place.
- Thursday November 16th is the day Proteus is coming in. We are going to spend some time training on it and making sure we are 100% fluent on it to be able to train and test you on it. Being that the following week is Thanksgiving it does put a slight hitch in the timing. For that reason we will be opening on the Monday following Thanksgiving.
- Monday November 27th will begin the 3-day assessment period for all players who sign up for the Colonials Academy. We will be running assessments from 3:30p-10:00p. Signups will be on the app for all players in the Academy.
- Thursday November 30th will begin the 2024 training season for all Colonials players. From Nov. 30th – December 3rd we will focus on Strength/Speed Classes, Batting Classes, Pitching Mechanics Classes.
- Monday December 4th (early day) all Academy players will receive their customized workout programs and custom drill progressions. Non-Academy players will receive their monthly workout programs and monthly drill progressions. The workout programs will be on the TeamBuildr app (I will send out info on that next week) and the drill progressions will be sent via pdf to each player.
- December 4th starts the facility use signups to go along with classes.
- December 10th we plan to have the new space open and operational. We have not set a date yet but as we get closer we want to invite all players and parents to stop by and check out the new space, including the gym.
TEAM STORE: The teams tore is reopened for all custom gear and uniforms! If you HAVE NOT ordered your uniform text me to schedule a time to come in and try it on. The store will be closing at 11:59p Monday November 13th. This is to ensure that items bought for the holidays will arrive on time. Remember there is a tremendous discount on all Marucci equipment via the team store. A separate text will go out shortly after this one with the link and store code password. If you have ordered your uniform you are all set, but you can still buy some custom Colonials gear through Monday night.
We are so excited for this upcoming season!! More updates to come soon.